Sunday, May 23, 2010

Challenges


The art of competition. For me if I want to make a change in something I am doing the best way for me succeed is to turn it into a competition. And apparently I am not the only one. Looking around the internet I have noticed that there is website (www.frugalvillage.com) that offers forums for challenges in everything; lifestyle changes, money, food, family, and health. What an awesome idea. People have set up challenges like read 5 books this month, $10 week challenge, brown bag lunch challenge, and ## no spend days a year.
I am in a team challenge right now called Fit 2 Fight. A team of four competes with other teams to improve health over a 6 week period. We get points for weight loss, proper eating habits, food journals, and exercise. For me it has worked out quite well, this is the second time since January that I have been on a team and since January I have lost 17 lbs, 5 % body fat, and 4 inches off my waist. Now, I might have had some success on my own but with the challenges I have enjoyed it and stayed on top of my goals.
Now, I will continue to challenge myself in other avenues of life. I am really looking forward to trying “No spending day” challenges and maybe even a $10 a week challenge. Either way I know for me that challenges and competitions make it a lot more fun to reach a goal. Hopefully, my challenges bring other people around me in to the competition and we could keep each other accountable.

1 comments:

TeacHer said...

Hi Jethro! I just got your comment on my blog, and wanted to respond to your question about becoming a teacher. I read here that you want to teach high school math. Certification requirements vary A LOT from state to state, but generally you'll need a bachelor's degree with some credits in your subject are (for you, math) and some credits in education courses. You'll also have to do some sort of student teaching experience. I have some additional suggestions, so drop me an email if you'd like to know more (teacherfinance@yahoo.com)

It's a wonderful profession, and I'm happy to discuss it at length with you! BTW, great blog!

Post a Comment