Thursday, June 3, 2010

Jethro likes Facebook


Jethrois hanging out in a very hot climate.

Now, I have to admit I am constantly on Facebook checking to see what everyone is up to. I am probably a bit nosey. Who is where? What are you having for dinner? It doesn't matter I just want to know what people are doing. But in this environment its ok. I can even comment and let them know if I have done the same thing or add a sly remark for a little laugh.

You know the last time I was deployed I didnt have a Facebook account. I dont even remember if Facebook was around but I bet it was. Either way I did have a MySpace account which I didnt even use. I guess the interface just didnt suit me. For one, I guess you actually had to go to peoples' pages to see what they were up to and with Facebook all the information comes to you.

I am glad I have a Facebook account this deployment. It is really keeping me sane and making the time go by a lot faster. There is something about knowing what all my friends and family are up to while I am out here. And they are probably happy that they get to see what I am up to. I guess it gives a feel of closeness no matter how far away you are. I am able to post pictures for any one of my friends to see and say I am doing ok. Its easier than an email and allows everyone to chime in just to say hey.

There are so many facets of Facebook I couldnt even get into all of them if I wanted to and I dont. But I am glad that Facebook is here and I hope it is here to stay. It has brought me closer to some family and friends then I probably would have been if it wasnt here.

Thanks Facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment